The Give 1 Project is a global organization that aims to engage young people as leaders in creating and building strong and healthy communities
We have good news for you. You can have a cool career and make a good living. No need to choose between loving your job and paying your mortgage. The following profile, part of the BlackEnterprise.com Cool Jobs series, offers a peek into the nuts and bolts, perks and salaries behind enjoyable careers. Read more »
Because of the increasing need to get the African immigrants involved in the Immigration Reform debate, I have asked the White House to hold this meeting to bring Young African leaders, activists around the country to meet with the President’s staff leading the immigration reform. At the White House Friday we discussed the benefits of commonsense immigration reform for African immigrant communities. This forum presented an opportunity to celebrate African immigrant communities and their contributions to this country while reaffirming a shared commitment to fixing our broken immigration system. Together, we acknowledge that there is still more work to be done to hear the voice of every community in America.
Below is the blog post at the White House website highlighting Friday’s briefing.
Why the 50,000 diversity visa program was ended in the “gang of eight” immigration reform bill?
Many of us view the diversity visas as one of the few ways African and Caribbean immigrants can become American citizens. The meeting was the first step. We are moving forward to next steps necessary to protect the interest of the African and Caribbean immigrants on this very needed immigration reform.
Mahatma Gandhi’s wisdom and approach to life is a testament that we can do anything He reminded us that your strength does not equal physical capacity.
His quotes are wise and uplift. They ask us to grow, to trust in ourselves and to be our best possible.
“In a gentle way, you can shake the world.”
Personal development quotes have the power to really reach and touch us very deeply. They inspire positive change in ourselves, because they express a profound truth in easy, and elegant ways. They make you stop in awe and take in the wisdom they express.
In today’s world in which authority is valued over authentic leadership, I believe we all have a lot to learn from the man who changed an entire nation with his mind, discipline and non violence approach.
Gandhi’s philosophy was not only on theory; instead he lived by rules of pragmatism. He practiced what he preached every day of his life.
“My life is my message.”
What an inspiring, authentic way to live! I am daily inspired by the way he lived his live and the legacy he left behind. I hope this quotes touch you the way they touched me. Be inspired…
Here are Gandhi’s Top 25 inspiring quotes from Mahatma Gandhi that will give you power to change the world and help you live better.
1. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
2. “A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks he becomes.”
3. “Be the change that you want to see in the world.”
4. “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong.”
5. “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.”
6. “An ounce of patience is worth more than a tonne of preaching.”
7. “Whenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love.”
8. “Change yourself – you are in control.”
9. “To see the all-pervading Spirit of Truth, one must be able to love the meanest of 10. all creation as oneself.”
10.“You may never know what results come of your action, but if you do nothing there will be no result.”
11. “See the good in people and help them.”
12. “Without action, you aren’t going anywhere.”
13. “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”
14. “Be congruent, be authentic, be your true self.”
15. “An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.”
16. “My life is my message.”
17. “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.”
18. “A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.”
19. “An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching.”
20. “In a gentle way, you can shake the world.”
21. “As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world but in being able to remake ourselves.”
22. “Nobody can hurt me without my permission.”
23. “The future depends on what we do in the present.”
24. “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”
25.“Be the change you want to see in this world.”
Political Consultant, Activist, mentor, and community leader, Thione Niang is one of the most sought after keynote speakers for engagements hosted by schools, youth organizations, local, national, and international government bodies.
- Interview BlackEnterprise.com – Cool Jobs: Young Activist Inspires Next Generation of Global Leaders
- White House-Young African Leaders Meeting- Immigration Reform
- 25 Inspiring Quotes from Mahatma Gandhi
- Letter To President Obama on his trip to Africa
- President Obama Speaks on Immigration Reform
- At the White House this morning supporting President Obama as he announced his common sense… http://t.co/dfkNkexyTC
- At the White House listening to President @BarackObama talk about commonsense immigration reform http://t.co/r4DZjoV0jg
- "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" - Gandhi
- RT @zeenat: Inspired by you @thioneniang! RT@thioneniang Great meeting at the State Department with @zeenat #globalFluency #globalImpact
- RT @rkbtwo: So many people have spoken volumes about @give1project first Global Leadership Fellowship of 10… http://t.co/nn9AFCxF6S
- Follow @zeenat ,another amazing young leader representing our country around the globe- #globalFluency #globalLeadership #globalImpact
- Great meeting at the State Department with @zeenat Secretary Kerry's special advisor for global youth issues #globalFluency #globalImpact
- @rkbtwo @rahielt @marvinbing so true- the world is way bigger than a small city. Go global!
- RT @rkbtwo: I'd rather be fluent in the world than in one city... #diversifyurbonds cc @RahielT @thioneniang @MarvinBing
- RT @Give1Project: @thioneniang - Harnessing the Power of the Youth http://t.co/UaPnJgkfAq
- RT @Give1Project: @thioneniang and Claude Bebear Senior President of AXA group and board member of Give1Project.… http://t.co/2iIlyndFa3
- Excellente reunion avec les jeunes de @Give1Project USA a Washington, DC #globalFluency